NCGOP Statement in Response to ProgressNC-Organized Press Conference in Raleigh Using TeachersRaleigh, N.C. – Today, in response to a press conference organized by the secretive group ProgressNC Action in Raleigh, NCGOP Executive Director Todd Poole released the following statement:
"Progress NC Action and its secretive network of liberal attack organizations continues to operate in the shadows by refusing to release their donors and hiding behind North Carolina teachers to launch political attacks. What are they hiding? North Carolinians and our teachers deserve to know who is really behind these attacks and what foreign and big money donations are pouring into our state to influence our political process."
ProgressNC's national parent organization is a part of the secret network of groups funded by George Soros and big national labor unions through the "Democracy Alliance."
- "A cadre of wealthy liberal donors aims to pour tens of millions of dollars into rebuilding the left’s political might in the states…” ("Matea Gold, "Wealthy donors on left launch new plan to wrest back control in the states," The Washington Post, 4/12/2015)
- Leaders include: "insurance magnate Peter Lewis, financier George Soros and software entrepreneur Tim Gill" as well as "San Francisco hedge fund manager Tom Steyer, Houston trial lawyers Steve and Amber Mostyn” ("Matea Gold, "Wealthy donors on left launch new plan to wrest back control in the states," The Washington Post, 4/12/2015)
- Members include “some of the country’s biggest labor unions, which have seen their power greatly diminish under GOP state leaders.” ("Matea Gold, "Wealthy donors on left launch new plan to wrest back control in the states," The Washington Post, 4/12/2015)
- “Democracy Alliance ‘partners,’ individuals who every year must pay $30,000 in dues and contribute at least $200,000 to the groups that DA supports. It also reveals names of DA “advisers,” foundation participants, and individuals getting a “sneak peek” at the group’s activities.” (Lachlan Markay, "Read the Confidential Document Left Behind at the Democracy Alliance Meeting," Washington Free Beacon, 4/5/2014)
- ProgressNow, national parent organization for ProgressNC, ProgressNC Action and also affiliated with Aim Higher Now, is listed as a partner organization in the Democracy Alliance Network in leaked documents, meaning it is a group targeted for funding from Democracy Alliance 'partners.' (Page 4)